PDA

View Full Version : Composite butt end any good?

zgoalscorer
02-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Anyone use a composite butt end instead of the wooden on? I believe TPS makes one.

kovalchuk17
02-08-2007, 06:56 AM
There was one on an Easton SL grip I used a year ago. I definitely noticed a weight difference and it seemed to transition from shaft to end alot smoother. I personally just like to have no end if possible.

leafsrok
02-08-2007, 11:04 AM
if you really need one, its a good option, because it will give you the length you need while keeping the weight down

zgoalscorer
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
if you really need one, its a good option, because it will give you the length you need while keeping the weight down

True, the guy at a pro shop near me gave me one from an easton one piece and i put it on and the stick was totally not balanced but with the wood end plug it is good. i guess thats why you see mostly wood plugs in the NHL. no plug or wood plug looks like almost everyone

raiders19
02-08-2007, 07:39 PM
ya, i use the composite plug on my TPS. There is a difference with the weight. I would recommend it

zgoalscorer
02-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I weighed a composite butt end from an easton v.s TPS wooden butt end that came with my TPS XN10 and a regular wooden butt end from a local rink. Easton and TPS cut same length and the Regular wooden one is 3/4 of an inch bigger.

Easton butt end :1 o.z
TPS wooden butt end :1 o.z
Regular wooden but end : 2 o.z

I 'll stick with the regular wooden butt end its only 1 o.z heavier then the other two and i can round off the front corners to how i like it. If one o.z is going to make a diffrence in anyones game then theres more issues then just the butt end.

gonzaga08
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
i think the main reason people have different ones is that if you buy some of the older ops' you get a composite end plug. the new ones come with the caps which i love. their is no difference, only that a wooden one allows you to have it way longer. the only thing that matters between the two is DO NOT CUT THE COMPOSITE ONE! it loses its strength completely. it will break REALLY fast