PDA

View Full Version : Mission Fuel 120 AG & XP

jmoney8811
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I have heard that the holders are really good. Anybody else have info about the boot itself and the pitch 3s. I read on modsquadhockey that JR put some pitch 3s on his S15s and he loves them. But I think he's also a little taller and probably weighs more. I'm only 5'8" about 170. Love, leaf, or anyone...please enlighten me on this subject, thanks.......

jmoney8811
06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
My bad, can someone move this to the skates thread......

TBLfan
06-10-2007, 10:02 PM
why don't you ask JR? he has a pair of Fuels too.

leafsrok
06-11-2007, 01:56 AM
the pitch 3s are great because you can change the pitch yourself in a couple of secods, all you have to do is loosen the bolt, move the steel and retighten the bolt from what ive heard

jmoney8811
06-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Oh, thanks leaf. What about the boots themselves? Any good feedback from people? And you're right TBL I should ask JR.......

TBLfan
06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
the mission steel on the pitch 3 is also one of, if not the best steel available.

jmoney8811
06-14-2007, 09:12 AM
TBL, could you find me the weight for the 120s, both of them? I know I saw it on here or MSH. I would greatly appreciate it......

jmoney8811
06-28-2007, 10:28 AM
I would like to know if I wear a 8.5 EE in Nikebauer(I have the supreme 50s right now), I would be a 10 wide in Mission skates?

pizzathehutt
02-11-2009, 02:22 AM
The boots are only good if you buy the 120's. I got a pair of 90 Ag's and the boots split in half along the sewing. They wont even replace mine because they are trying to say I diddnt take care of the skates. I have bought Mission skates for 10 years and have never had this problem before, but to be on the safe side I would either buy the AGX or AG 120's if you still want to go with them. As for the holder, its the best out there right now. I would highly recommend it.

Note: I do weigh about 230, so maybye the Ag 90 just wasnt enough skate for me. I dont know, but a $250 skate shouldnt break at a varsity hockey game like it did. Thats just my opinion. IF you weigh a lot less, you should be fine.

giannmi
10-31-2009, 04:57 PM
I know Mission is supposed to fit true to your sneaker size but I was hoping someone can help add some additional insight.

I am considering purchasing a pair of 120AGs that are heavily discounted in the clearance bin and there are no returns so I need to make sure I have the correct size before ordering.

In some shoes I am a 10 and others 9.5. I guess the best reference would be that I currently wear Vapor 25s in size 8. It is a decent length wise but I think there is a lot of room /space between the top of my foot and the skate boot (boot slop?).

Does anyone know if you are better off ordering the half size up or down with Mission skates? Thanks in advance.

Avery1985
10-31-2009, 05:41 PM
I am a size 10 shoe and I have been wearing a size 9 in mission wicked 5's and I have no problems there a little snug at the toe, but I kinda like it. I have no pain or anything and can skate in them for hours. I figure I would prob be better off in a 9.5 but It doesnt seem to bother me so why not. I feel like if i went with the "true to size" approach they might of been too big for me. I guess its just personal preference and your best bet would be trying them on. If thats not an option Then I dont know but I would guess going a half size smaller wouldn't hurt either. If I was in your postion I would personally go with a 9.5. But thats just just me. Good luck.

BOiPiNOi604
11-01-2009, 02:16 AM
I know Mission is supposed to fit true to your sneaker size but I was hoping someone can help add some additional insight.

I am considering purchasing a pair of 120AGs that are heavily discounted in the clearance bin and there are no returns so I need to make sure I have the correct size before ordering.

In some shoes I am a 10 and others 9.5. I guess the best reference would be that I currently wear Vapor 25s in size 8. It is a decent length wise but I think there is a lot of room /space between the top of my foot and the skate boot (boot slop?).

Does anyone know if you are better off ordering the half size up or down with Mission skates? Thanks in advance.

I have a Mission Fuel 90AG with a shoe size of 6.5. I went with the mission tru-to-size approach and got a Mission size 6.5 and found that it was a little bigger by half an inch or so. From my experience ordering half an inch down should be alright. Hope this helps

BTW, should this be in the skates forum?

fatwabbit
11-02-2009, 12:30 AM

You might want to get a size 9, at most 9.5.

I wear a size 8 in Bauer, and am a size 9 in Missions.