Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > Equipment Questions & Reviews > Sticks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to thinkingjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Skate Right View Post
I am still using a couple of Easton aluminum sticks. I am 6' 185. I am just getting back into playing after a 10 year break so my play is a low level intermediate. I am playing drop in once a week until leagues start.
those were the sticks i just flew away from when i switched to ice from roller back in 2005, they just made my hands feel terrible, i switched to composite shafts and have felt much better
Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any input on the stick i should get next! I am going from a one95 shaft blad combo which i love to my first one piece. its simple these are the sticks im currently looking at.
Tps response r8
reebok 11k
bauer vapor x60
bauer apx

any input?
Old 04-15-2012, 05:09 PM

ive had some good luck with the reebok 11k
Old 10-26-2012, 02:24 PM

Looking for at getting a new stick. I currently have a Bauer One 20 P88 curve 85 flex and an Easton Aluminum 105 flex Ignila curve. Looking at a few different sticks. I would like to stay under $130 and under 450 grams.
Warrior Dolomite 100 Flex Robitaille curve
TRON 405 XS 105 Flex Jarvis curve
Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Looking for at getting a new stick. I currently have a Bauer One 20 P88 curve 85 flex and an Easton Aluminum 105 flex Ignila curve. Looking at a few different sticks. I would like to stay under $130 and under 450 grams.
Warrior Dolomite 100 Flex Robitaille curve
TRON 405 XS 105 Flex Jarvis curve
Those are both pretty good choices for this price point. I just broke the news on the new RBZ 60 stick coming out in a few weeks. It will be this exact price range and it will feature the "variable kick point" which is the first of it's kind. So be on look out for that.

From Bauer, the Supreme ONE.4 would be the predecessor from the ONE20 stick you currently use but the ONE.6 is in your price range. It showcases a lot of the cool specs seen in the TotalONE NXG so that can be a great choice for you as well.

Then my personal choice would be the Easton Mako M3. Again, it's right in your price range and you'll be getting a lot of the high end features from the top of the line Mako. I've always been an Easton stick guy and I was pretty happy with the way the made the Mako's this year.

Well if you have any more question don't be afraid to ask!

Chase @ IW Hockey
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW Team - Chase View Post
Those are both pretty good choices for this price point. I just broke the news on the new RBZ 60 stick coming out in a few weeks. Then my personal choice would be the Easton Mako M3. Again, it's right in your price range and you'll be getting a lot of the high end features from the top of the line Mako. I've always been an Easton stick guy and I was pretty happy with the way the made the Mako's this year.

Well if you have any more question don't be afraid to ask!

Chase @ IW Hockey
I ordered the Tron 405 xs, but if I don't like it I think I will get the Mako M3. I got to handle one at the store, it felt really good. The Mako M3 is bit heavier (503 gr) then I wanted but I don't think I will notice. I will give a review of the TRon stick when I get it.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I ordered the Tron 405 xs, but if I don't like it I think I will get the Mako M3. I got to handle one at the store, it felt really good. The Mako M3 is bit heavier (503 gr) then I wanted but I don't think I will notice. I will give a review of the TRon stick when I get it.
How'd that TRon stick work out for you??
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 PM

I have played one game with it and sticks and puck twice. I like it it feels good in my hands and I can feel the puck pretty good. I'm am still working on shooting with it, big slappers feel kinda dead, but snap shot and wrist shots feel pretty good. I think the more I use it the better my shots will get. It feels so lite, it seems like I'm going to break it. But it is strong. The balance point is lower on the shaft, but I'm still trying to find were the kick point is. When I figure that out then my slap shots will get better. I also got the 105 flex and the Jarvis curve, which is close to Bauers P88.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 AM

Default Defenseman with a problem

Im a 5ft 9in 187 pound defenseman that plays roller hockey. I am an experienced player and i know my way around gear but right now i am very stretched out on decisions. help!! I am always at the point taking slap shots and hard ones too, but i am also very agile so they have me play an aggressive in which i sometimes take the puck up on my own and switch up and play as a forward in the corners waiting for a one timer. My main question is, what is a good stick that i can take hard slap shots with, it is rather light, has good puck feel and i am able to get good snap shots and wrist shots with. I previously use a easton mako m1 85 flex with a hall curve. It is complete trash, it is either the flex is too weak or it lost some because i can bend it as if its a rubber band and its way too whippy my shots are all over the place. So im looking for any help. i dont mind staying in the 85 flex range as long as the stick keeps its flex or i am able to move p to a 90 flex or even 100 if i have too. thanks
p.s. it needs to be able to take a beating i am a very rough player and i am leaning towards a 1 piece stick I'm tired of shaft and blade breaks
thanks again

Last edited by inlinemarc28 : 11-15-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I know how your feeling. I would definitely check out the Bauer TotalOne NXG stick. It sounds like you really load your weight into your shots and the NXG has an amplified mid-kick. The lower portion of the shaft running into the hossel is made stiffer for those guys that put their weight into their shots. They also can take a beating. Ive had mine for quite some time now and it is still going strong. And with the flex it is too hard for me to say go to a 102 flex or stay in the 87 flex range because the lower portion of the shaft is stiffer. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.