Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > General Hockey Discussion > Help Me! > Equipment Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletin7 View Post
how old are those
three years old now and still holding strong!!! i love them and i have one set up to do Bauer XXXX!!! haha so right now i have the CCM's above, reebok white 8k Bauer ONE95 old all white Nike skates haha ALL ON MISSION CHASSIS plus a one or two other skates haha but those I keep under wraps haha
Old 12-19-2011, 05:03 PM

Hello Moos,

I see you mounted some labeda frames on an easton ice boot. I wanted to resurrect an old post, in that, I am looking to do a similar conversion myself....Easton Stealth S17 white Ice Boots, with White Magnesioum Vanguard Mission Chassis. My question is this, as I have not tried a pair of easton Ice skates before, what is the feel like of the boot, and, how this conversion fair for you in terms of your performance and structural integrity after the conversion?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 PM

Lightbulb

wcu i have never actually used an easton boot so I do not really know the feel. As for structural integrity a friend on my team had a pair converted and they fell apart. He complained about lace bite constantly and they didnt last more then 6 months and my friend is a small guy so it was not like weight was and issue. hope that helps.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM

Will post this in the more appropriate thread....

The good,

The evil, (S17 black, Mission MG Chassis, Labeda Addictions, Bones Reds bearings)

And, the backups. (Nike V12's, Rink Rat Hornet, Red Star Chassis, Mission Swiss bearings.)
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 PM

def sick set !
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM

Liking the Reeboks with the sprung frames!! Anyone know where I can pick up a7 sprung frames?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:46 PM

Dont know if this is the right place to post, but here it goes.
Has anyone change the bauer rx60 hi-lo frame for a labeda all 80mm frame?
if so, did you make new holes for the labeda frame or use the ones from the hi-lo?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:19 AM

You drill new holes, and you dremel away.section of the boot for wheel clearance.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletin7 View Post
wcu i have never actually used an easton boot so I do not really know the feel. As for structural integrity a friend on my team had a pair converted and they fell apart. He complained about lace bite constantly and they didnt last more then 6 months and my friend is a small guy so it was not like weight was and issue. hope that helps.

Chances are, if you get lace bite in a skate, they didn't fit you. I myself had S17s he askef about, not the SE16s you mentioned. They were magnificent skates, lasted over a year with CONSTANT playing, daily. The quarter panel broke down and I didn't have the same heel lock anymore. I also used 76mm wheels, if you dremel an Easton boot, you're dumb. They're paper thin.

Also, a friend of mine has had a converted pair of SE16, and still uses them.. it's all about how you do them.