Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > The Game of Hockey - Questions, Discussions & Leagues > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM

Default Game length/Frozen Fury in Vegas...

Ok by pure chance we're in Vegas (from the uk) for her birthday, which is also the same day that the Kings are playing the Avalanches at MGM.

Now this will be a stupid question so bear with me...

It says it starts at 6pm, so what time is it likely to finish as I also need to book dinner somewhere?

Also looking at seats still available, is it best to be way up high but nearer the centre, or lower down but in a corner seat?

Gutted that we fly back the day before the hockey season starts so won't get to watch any more whilst there :(

Cheers!
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM

It will probably finish between 8:30 and 9:00,but possibly as late as 9:15. For seating it's honestly up to you and whichever you prefer.
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizR View Post
Ok by pure chance we're in Vegas (from the uk) for her birthday, which is also the same day that the Kings are playing the Avalanches at MGM.

It says it starts at 6pm, so what time is it likely to finish as I also need to book dinner somewhere?

Also looking at seats still available, is it best to be way up high but nearer the centre, or lower down but in a corner seat?

Gutted that we fly back the day before the hockey season starts so won't get to watch any more whilst there :(

Cheers!
my favourite seats have been the old MLG two from the top, centre ice (literally aisle seats at centre ice).
That beeing said, the "best" ones have usually been near centre ice and to that end I prefer being the front row of the upper deck, or upper bowl. I find at centre ice you can follow the game easier and focus on what is happening on both ends much easier. If you're behind one net get something closer to the ice to see the action up close to compensate for being too far from the other end of the ice.
In order I rank it...
* between the blue lines
* at ice level (first three rows) behind a net
* closer to the ice (so between blue lines but higher up is better)
* closer to the front of your section (so between blue lines but front row of upper deck can and usually is better than between blue lines but in the top row of a lower deck)
* in a corner on an angle to see the whole ice without turning your head much
* anywhere else
*and last is "view may be obstructed
Anywhere in Montreal will generally be a great seat so fly over and go the bell centre for a Montreal versus another original six game.
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Arg......... the only thing I hate less that the Aves is the Avalanches..... it's the Avalanche (singular, not plural) If you want plural, cheer for the Dead Things or the Make-be-leafs

Quote:

Cheers!
Don't worry about it.... it's Vegas. Nothing closes. You'll be able to book dinner anywhere if you're too late.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. " - F.Beckenbauer

If a 6'7, 300 pd, 32 year old man who's uncoordinated and flexible like rebar can learn and continue to play hockey, then so can anyone.