Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Default Ice skates vs Inline skates

I am thinking of using an ice boot with a inline chasis.

Are ice skates more supportive than inline skates at the same price point?
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to fatwabbit

Been discussed a few times, but I believe that with the same price point, you might be better off with going with the inlines. They are designed to handle the more abrasive surfaces
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM

having trouble finding an inline skate that is supportive enough for me. im 6'4" 235, and in 2 weeks lost all my support from my bauer rx25's.

so people suggested i look for an ice skate as they have more support.

I'm mainly playing on sport court, so the abrasion isn't an issue at the moment.
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:46 AM

What do you expect from a bottom teir skate.
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM

not sure how the 2nd most expensive skate put out by bauer is "bottom tier"..
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to DField56

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_fab View Post
not sure how the 2nd most expensive skate put out by bauer is "bottom tier"..
not bottom tier but isn't top of the line either, However I have tried the top of the line and I am 6'4 around 230.. the outsoles on all of my mission/bauer skates have cracked in the same place they don't even last me a month without cracking. I have had the top of the like Boss SE skates, 2 pairs of T9's and now I decided to try the T8 as a last ditch effort (I have had them since July 1st and they are already starting to show weakness in the same spot) I know i probably shouldn't keep trying the same boot but I really like the hi-lo set up. anyways best of luck to you, let me know what you do and how it works out
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM

Bauer Skates IMO for roller are not the greatest even though I did have a pair from the 90's that lasted a very very long time. Now, I am not saying price means everything but it is a $250 skate. Look at other manufacturers, you would be better off getting the Cobalts from tour or another high tier model even if it is a year or 2 older.

As far as the ice boot goes are you willing to spend the extra money. You have to buy the skate, then buy the chasis, then the wheels and bearings etc. Unless you are using the rx25 parts. Thats going to easily put you in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range. When you could get something like the Tour Thor ZX9 Roller or Mission Axiom T8. for a decent buck.
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM

I have a top of the line magnesium chasis from a pair of missions that were too large for me.

I have plenty of wheels and swiss bearings as well, as most of the skates i have bought in the past came with indoor wheels. i never played indoor until now, so they are all new.

any other suggestions?
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Anyone know what size corresponds to a 47.5 EU sizing for Tour skates?

I can't get along with the new mission boots, as they don't lace up high enough. I feel there should be one more eyelet up top.
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_fab View Post

any other suggestions?
Listen man I wasn't trying to come off like an Ass maybe you just weren't either. I was only stating why in the end it is more of a pain in the ass in both money and time to set up an ice boot for roller.

as fatwabbit already said Been discussed a few times, but I believe that with the same price point, you might be better off with going with the inlines. They are designed to handle the more abrasive surfaces

So in the end do a search before you go wasting peoples time that were just trying to help you. You bought a cheap ass pair of skates are overweight and of course they fell apart. My friend bought totalones and converted to inline not to long a go beat the piss out of them in about 2 months that was a quick waste of 700 ice boots. I am not just saying all this for that one instance. If the ice boot was stronger for roller or somehow offered better proformance don't you think the companies would have the same boot for both types of hockey, but they don't.
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:30 PM

lol, overweight.

actually, im a weightlifter.

And I'm just entertaining the idea that was partially thought up by me, and reinforced by a few posters in a different thread. Inline is 4 on 4, ice is 5 on 5 with checking, so I'd limagine larger players would have a good look at ice boots.

Since I already have a chasis, and a place to do the conversion 5 mins away, I want more suggestions!
Old July 27th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Actually, IMO if it's support you're looking for, seba skates really are awesome at supporting your feet, perhaps you should try these out... something like the high, I know these aren't hockey skates, but if weight isn't an issue, then you should like these skates.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverclrk View Post
Listen man I wasn't trying to come off like an Ass maybe you just weren't either. I was only stating why in the end it is more of a pain in the ass in both money and time to set up an ice boot for roller.

as fatwabbit already said Been discussed a few times, but I believe that with the same price point, you might be better off with going with the inlines. They are designed to handle the more abrasive surfaces

So in the end do a search before you go wasting peoples time that were just trying to help you. You bought a cheap ass pair of skates are overweight and of course they fell apart. My friend bought totalones and converted to inline not to long a go beat the piss out of them in about 2 months that was a quick waste of 700 ice boots. I am not just saying all this for that one instance. If the ice boot was stronger for roller or somehow offered better proformance don't you think the companies would have the same boot for both types of hockey, but they don't.
your a straight ass to people like ive seen a bunch of post with YOU in it and your just horrible help......