Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > General Equipment Advice
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM

Default Warrior Projekt vs. Nike/Bauer Pro Defender shoulder pads

Hello all,

I'm having a tough time deciding which one of these to get as my second set. I have a pair of RBK/Jofa 5Ks that I wear for league games, but I wanted a lighter pair for pick up games.

I like how light the Pro Defenders are and I also like that they come cheap. However, I play defense and occasionally get some shots flying my way, so I like the fact that the Projekts are light but offer a little more protection although they will cost a little more.

Anyone have any feedback or suggestions about either? I know all of the tough guys out there will just say not to wear any at all, but I've had shoulder issues in the past and need to wear something.

Thanks.
"We're committed to a style that leads to fights. We prize contact. If you forecheck and bang like we do, sometimes opponents turn around and you have to answer the bell. I won't apologize for that.... In our bottom six forwards, we look for the requisite level of pugnacity, truculence, belligerence, hostility and testosterone." - Brian Burke
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM

get the projekts i've heard theyre really mobile and offer a lot of flexibility while still providing protection