Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Helmets/Visors
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Default Bauer 9900 Helmet Size?

I'm looking into getting this helmet but I am not sure which size to go with, a large or medium. My hat size is 7 1/4 which falls on the minimum side of a large and close to max for a medium. I'm curious if anybody who has this helmet that may have had the same issue could possibly tell me if the helmet sizing runs on the generous side or small side. I don't live near a shop to try one on. My thinking is that I would rather have the large because the helmet wouldn't have to be adjusted out as much (if at all) and the guy I'm getting it from only has a large. But I also don't want to get a large and find that the 7 1/4 of the large runs on the big side and the helmet ends up fitting too loose, or over time as the padding wears or compresses that the helmet might become too loose.

On the other hand, I also am curious if going with the medium may be better because of less bulk and the lighter weight benefit.

I'll be using a cage if that matters any on the fit. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. All I know for sure is, I'm long overdue for an upgrade.

Last edited by kjbba : March 14th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM

If you get a lrg, it might be too big even at the smallest setting. I would get a med. I say try it on and decide.
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:34 PM

Put a tape around your head and tell us the measurement. I have a large and medium in this helmet and can tell you which one will fit.