Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Gloves
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:23 AM

Default 2012 Easton Synergy EQ PRO vs 2012 Bauer 4-roll

I currently have an old pai of bauer 4-rolls that have finally had to be put down. Being someone that does not regularly by equipment I am looking for something that has great performance with lots of durability and also having that old school 4-roll feel. Recently I have had other equipment breakdown and have noticed that the new easton stuff I have gotten (sticks, and e700 helmet) I am really pleased with.

Anyway I have narrowed it down to these two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Both of those gloves are good gloves, they just fit differently. The EQ Pro fits a bit tighter than the Bauer 4-Roll Pro's. The are a bit narrower. I myself use the Bauer 4-Roll Pro's and love them. I have had them for 2 years and they are still holding up well with 2-3 times of use a week. So I would just try them both on and go with the one that you like the best.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Hey thanks for responding to so many of my posts charan. It's crazy how much equipment has changed over the years. I'm not like a lot of these guys that change there stuff up frequently. Just recently bought my first helmet since I was 16 which was 11 years ago lol.

I did try both of them on and I really liked the easton eq gloves. Any idea on how it holds up durability wise?
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

It is pretty crazy how equipment has changed over the years. So many new technologies being brought into hockey equipment. I haven't heard of any issues with durability on those gloves. And when i grabbed them they seemed really durable.
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM

the EQ palms are trash, i had them for two months and i have a big hole in the first layer of the palm
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thats not good. Thanks for the insight. I have used Bauer gloves forever so i don't know personally and i haven't heard of any durability issues before this so its good to know. Do you use a grip stick or put tape or wax on your shaft? If so that does tear gloves up quicker.
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW Team - CHARAN View Post
Thats not good. Thanks for the insight. I have used Bauer gloves forever so i don't know personally and i haven't heard of any durability issues before this so its good to know. Do you use a grip stick or put tape or wax on your shaft? If so that does tear gloves up quicker.
i use a grip stick, only my left palm has a hole, the right is near perfect... up top i use the medical tape stuff
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

That might be why. Are you left or right handed?
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW Team - CHARAN View Post
That might be why. Are you left or right handed?
im a righty, the medical tape stuff is supposed to be better for your palms tho
Old September 19th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Yea it's supposed to be but unfortunately it will still wear out palms. Thats why i dont use any tape on the handle. I just make a small doughnut at the top so my hand doesnt slip off. But that is good to know about the EQ palms.