Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 31st, 2013, 09:04 AM

Default Entry Level Easton's?

I've played hockey my whole life, minus the last 6 years or so. The Easton's I wore for the last 4 years of playing got beat up and worn down, and after being stored away for all these years, they ended up getting thrown out.

So, basically, I am looking to pick up a pair of skates that would be adequate for pond hockey/the occasional drop in game. I have been out of the loop of new gear for years, and seeing that Easton's were the last skates I wore that I loved (wide, flat feet) I was looking into their entry level skates.

So, my question is, are the Easton Stealth 55S's a decent buy, knowing what I plan to use them for? I don't want to break the bank. Assuming the tech is better these days on entry levels, I think I'll be ok.

Also, it looks like these Entry Level skates don't come in half sizes, at least the Easton ones on ************ don't. I would need an 11.5, think I could get away with a 12?

Thanks!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:40 AM

Also look at high-end skates that are currently on clearance. Easton S17, EQ50, EQ40. I don't know much about how the Stealth RS line fits compared to the older Eastons. I really like the way the EQ50s are built, they have the old clarino liner like my S17s and they are excellent quality. You can get EQ50s for about $199 at most online stores now where 2 years ago they were $600.

Since you are a like a 11.5, you may still be able to find some. I've been trying to find size 9s but everything seems to be gone.

I would recommend trying them on before buying but you may not be able to depending on your location. When you first out them on, you want your toes to be touching the end of the toe cap, maybe even a little uncomfortably. When the heel and ankle foams begin to break in and take the shape, your foot will move back further into the skate bringing your toes back away from the toe cap. Ideally you want your toes to just barely be able to touch the end of the toe cap once the skate has been broken in.
Old January 10th, 2014, 07:59 PM

You can get Pro Stock Easton EQ50 skates for 199.99. I would post the web site but its against the rules. Just google pro stock hockey gear. My son wears EQ 50 and has never complained.