Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:38 PM
warriorsdman13's Avatar
warriorsdman13 warriorsdman13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,779
Default

maybe give them a shot now, the price is very low and my foot is similar to yours, if not a little wider.
__________________
"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity." - Adam Graves

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old June 21st, 2008, 04:04 AM
hockeyray's Avatar
hockeyray hockeyray is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norfolk, MA
Posts: 623
Send a message via AIM to hockeyray
Default

hello. i am currently using vector 4.0 ice hockey. im 15. I've been playing for 9 years so top of the line skates or near it is wat im looking for. i play right/left wing. height 5'7" weight 130. i was looking into the u+ and also saw the V08.

1. I would like to kno the diff. between the two, see if it is worth spending the extra $250

2. any other suggestions would also be great
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old June 21st, 2008, 04:10 AM
li7039's Avatar
li7039 li7039 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,016
Default

U+ has the rocket runner and is lighter and i would also guess its a stiffer boot.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old June 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
hockeyray's Avatar
hockeyray hockeyray is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norfolk, MA
Posts: 623
Send a message via AIM to hockeyray
Default

i wouldnt mind not having the rocket runner. do u know how much lighter the U+ is than the V08?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
whymeamonster whymeamonster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 214
Default

i using xxxx's. it's sucks. i get blistering at the heel and leg cramps.

will one75 stiffer than xxxx?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Rampage87's Avatar
Rampage87 Rampage87 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Philadelphia suburbs
Posts: 1,236
Default

did u get the XXXXs baked?
__________________
li7039-so you picked the plaid skate lol
Rampage87-maybe his team wears kilts.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
li7039's Avatar
li7039 li7039 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 2,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeamonster View Post
i using xxxx's. it's sucks. i get blistering at the heel and leg cramps.

will one75 stiffer than xxxx?
sounds like you bought skates that do not fit.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
whymeamonster whymeamonster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 214
Default

i think so...fit for xxxx is horrible. right now not sure what skate should i get. i never wear ccm/rbk skates before.

will one75/95 solve my problem?

is there any reason why some online store selling cheapest than IW?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
SPREEDIZZLE's Avatar
SPREEDIZZLE SPREEDIZZLE is offline
Administrator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 4,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeamonster View Post
i think so...fit for xxxx is horrible. right now not sure what skate should i get. i never wear ccm/rbk skates before.

will one75/95 solve my problem?

is there any reason why some online store selling cheapest than IW?
You should get a pair of skates that fit your properly. hell.....the XXXX might be a dream fit for you....in the proper size.
__________________

29 years.....still not a pro
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:54 AM
sherwood's Avatar
sherwood sherwood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 37
Default

Yes same here with my XXV's, I believe the leg and foot cramps happen because of the pain in the toe and heal area I start to skate with a different stride to avoid pain, then you legs get confused and cramp up. When go back to Minnesota for vacation on July 4th, I am going to stop by Dave Sports Shop and Lettermans Sports and Hockey Gaint in Blaine and look at the following skates as per this thread.
1) Vectors 2) Supreme 70's and 3) Supreme 95's.....

I also believe some of this cramping was from the forward tilt of the skates, it seems the Supreme 6500 it was more netural or back on my heals a bit....

With all due respect to Spree, sometimes a certain "brand" of skate just has a different shape and a proper fit may never be achieved, so if I had one bad experience with a "brand" like Vapors I won't go back and try again.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeamonster View Post
i using xxxx's. it's sucks. i get blistering at the heel and leg cramps.

will one75 stiffer than xxxx?

Last edited by sherwood : June 23rd, 2008 at 06:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
SPREEDIZZLE's Avatar
SPREEDIZZLE SPREEDIZZLE is offline
Administrator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 4,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
Yes same here with my XXV's, I believe the leg and foot cramps happen because of the pain in the toe and heal area I start to skate with a different stride to avoid pain, then you legs get confused and cramp up. When go back to Minnesota for vacation on July 4th, I am going to stop by Dave Sports Shop and Lettermans Sports and Hockey Gaint in Blaine and look at the following skates as per this thread.
1) Vectors 2) Supreme 70's and 3) Supreme 95's.....

I also believe some of this cramping was from the forward tilt of the skates, it seems the Supreme 6500 it was more netural or back on my heals a bit....

With all due respect to Spree, sometimes a certain "brand" of skate just has a different shape and a proper fit may never be achieved, so if I had one bad experience with a "brand" like Vapors I won't go back and try again.....
I'll agree with you there completely. However, in the example above he states that his skates are a FULL SIZE too large, and thus don't even have a chance of fitting him properly. Until you are in the proper length skate, you can't comment on having a bad fitment issue with a brand of skates. Once you exhaust your sizing and width variables in a skate and then don't have a proper fit....then you are 100% correct. Until then, it is nothing more than buying skates before you understand how they are supposed to fit.
__________________

29 years.....still not a pro
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
whymeamonster whymeamonster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 214
Default

how the proper fit? i'm usually wear sneakers shoe US5.0. current my xxxx with 0.5cm gap.

i polly getting one75/one95 depending on my budget $300.

Are one95 and XXXX same length? is it true that you need get 1/2 smaller for one95?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
SPREEDIZZLE's Avatar
SPREEDIZZLE SPREEDIZZLE is offline
Administrator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 4,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeamonster View Post
how the proper fit? i'm usually wear sneakers shoe US5.0. current my xxxx with 0.5cm gap.

i polly getting one75/one95 depending on my budget $300.

Are one95 and XXXX same length? is it true that you need get 1/2 smaller for one95?
What is the universal truth is that you need to try them on
__________________

29 years.....still not a pro
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old June 25th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Vasquinho Vasquinho is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Default Official and ONLY "What skates should I get" thread

I need help about getting new skates. I have the same skates 10+years and want to change skates because the new skates seem so light compared to my loyal durable bricks. My skates are bauer supreme 4000 from 1998 series. I guess they are regular width from the time and if I am correct the size is 9.5. Been reading but there are so many new features and Im not familiar with D and EE and other new skate vocabulary =)

1) My first priority is durability, because I am willing to pay top and second top price ranges for a pair of skates if they are durable and will last 5-10 years.

2) Are there any new bauer/other brands similar to my skates if anyone knows?

3) I am interested in one75s, one95s, vapor xxxx and xxxv. Are these skates durable and have big differences or only slightly?

Ps: Im not interested in pump or any funky features. Just good solid skates =P

Hopefully someone here can help!
Best Regards, Vasquinho
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:49 AM
keule keule is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10
Default Vector 08 '08 vs Vector 10 '07

As I will go for CCM Vectors now, does anybody have an answer to following question?

Does someone know about the new vector 08 model? Better to go with that one or last seasons vector 10 model? Maybe somebody had to decide between them and could share his experience!

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:00 AM
sherwood's Avatar
sherwood sherwood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 37
Default

D means regular width and EE is a wider skate....Some stores carry C which is narrow....

Your old Bauer 4000 mold used to make the skate is no longer used in the new Nike Bauer series...If you want your old Bauer mold you would have to get some on Ebay or whatever.....The Bauer 5000, 6500, 7000, 8000 are all made from the same mold I believe, but they are harder to find at retail stores because they don't make them anymore...The new Nike Bauer 95's are wider, but still may fit you - give them a try.

For what its worth I skated 5 years in the Bauer 6500 ( circa 2002 ), they were great - and I bought the Vapor XXV's - they were a bit narrow in the toe cap and less volume and more foward flex than 6500, and have skated about 3 months, but they just don't fit right - I don't get blisters, but sometimes legs cramps and towards the end of the game - My feet are just telling me its time to get out of these skates.....I have a wide forefoot and narrow to regular heal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasquinho View Post
I need help about getting new skates. I have the same skates 10+years and want to change skates because the new skates seem so light compared to my loyal durable bricks. My skates are bauer supreme 4000 from 1998 series. I guess they are regular width from the time and if I am correct the size is 9.5. Been reading but there are so many new features and Im not familiar with D and EE and other new skate vocabulary =)

1) My first priority is durability, because I am willing to pay top and second top price ranges for a pair of skates if they are durable and will last 5-10 years.

2) Are there any new bauer/other brands similar to my skates if anyone knows?

3) I am interested in one75s, one95s, vapor xxxx and xxxv. Are these skates durable and have big differences or only slightly?

Ps: Im not interested in pump or any funky features. Just good solid skates =P

Hopefully someone here can help!
Best Regards, Vasquinho
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old June 25th, 2008, 08:16 AM
jetsrule's Avatar
jetsrule jetsrule is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keule View Post
As I will go for CCM Vectors now, does anybody have an answer to following question?

Does someone know about the new vector 08 model? Better to go with that one or last seasons vector 10 model? Maybe somebody had to decide between them and could share his experience!

Thanks a lot!
My man with last years V10 is a steal now with the price i got them, and i LOVE them so dont even get the v08. I mean thats what i would do if i were you but there is nothing wrong with trying them on
________
E CIGARETTE SHOP

Last edited by jetsrule : August 17th, 2011 at 01:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Vasquinho Vasquinho is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 17
Default

Thanks for the reply sherwood. I Havent been to a hockey store yet because I want to hear first some experience from other people before I go. I mean, in the end the guy in the store wants to sell them even if he is very helpful and therefore its better to hear from other people what they think about a skate.

Do you know if there was a big "tilt" difference between your vapor and bauer 6500?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:38 AM
sherwood's Avatar
sherwood sherwood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 37
Default

Yes on the ice I noticed a "tilt" difference, my first few skates on the XXV's sometimes I would actually fall foward a bit - that being said - I have never skated "faster" and "blew" by a few defence with these skates ( XXV's ). I can't complain about their performance, I will be sorry to see them leave. But my "foot" says he needs a break...I might give them a few more trys depending on how my "fitting" seasons go with other skates in the next few weeks ( Vectors, One95's, Supreme 70's, ect... ). Another thing about the "tilt" as the game wears on I noticed my toes moving forward against the toe cap due to "foward" movement. I don't know what to say I have a love/hate relationship with my XXV's......Another thing about "tilt" I have set my 6500's and XXV's side by side on the floor and can't "see" much of a difference but it maybe 'inside" the heal, maybe a small "lift" or something....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasquinho View Post
Thanks for the reply sherwood. I Havent been to a hockey store yet because I want to hear first some experience from other people before I go. I mean, in the end the guy in the store wants to sell them even if he is very helpful and therefore its better to hear from other people what they think about a skate.

Do you know if there was a big "tilt" difference between your vapor and bauer 6500?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:46 AM
SPREEDIZZLE's Avatar
SPREEDIZZLE SPREEDIZZLE is offline
Administrator
Site Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 4,525
Default

Just so that we are all on the same page here.......the "tilt" that you are referring to is more commonly referred to as "pitch".
__________________

29 years.....still not a pro
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.