Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 26th, 2008, 05:03 AM

yes your correct pitch, sometime people call it "forward" something...maybe "foward flex" or something - anyway its the angle of skate ( bottom of boot ) to the ground, and a "pet peeve" of mine is the companies should actually give that angle just as they do the size and width -- as long as I am venting then should also give an "angle" of the stick blade, not just a number called the "lie" which is different for different company....OK off my soapbox.
Ahhhh that feel good!!!!

P.S. on some missions you can change the pitch from 1 to 3....but I usually get "Tuuks"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPREEDIZZLE View Post
Just so that we are all on the same page here.......the "tilt" that you are referring to is more commonly referred to as "pitch".

Last edited by sherwood : June 26th, 2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM

somehow i think vapor xxxx don't fit me, sometimes got foot pain, maybe sometimes legs cramps, blistering, probably is i tied to tight or whatever to stiff.

i think heels is not locked. i no choice to give up xxxx.

currently i am using them, if there's any way i can solve the issue. superfit?

i consider getting easton s7 or one75 skates. I not sure sizing for easton.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes the truth needs to be spoken - with your "laundry list" of issues below - its time to move on from the XXXX's, in my experince if a skate don't "fit" after a few skates you will always have issues even if you "superfeet", "stretch".....I mean no doubt sometimes people can "put up with" fit issues for years, but there is nothing like a "perfect fitting skate" I have had a couple in my days....

When you buy a perfect fitting skate - you give whole new meaning to the phrase "I got lucky!!!"

With your issues with XXXX's I would stay away from One75, thats just a One90 "knockoff" - Try Easton S7 they are wider then vapors in toebox....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeamonster View Post
somehow i think vapor xxxx don't fit me, sometimes got foot pain, maybe sometimes legs cramps, blistering, probably is i tied to tight or whatever to stiff.

Old June 26th, 2008, 11:42 AM

is there much difference between the one35s and the one55s. Cause I want to know if it's worth paying the extra $60 .
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:37 PM

the 55's will be a stiffer boot and probably a touch lighter.

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:

the s7 is a HUGE jump down from the XXXXs. why dont u look at the s11 or something along top of the line? it just seem performance wise u might be discouraged going that far down.
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes the truth needs to be spoken - with your "laundry list" of issues below - its time to move on from the XXXX's, in my experince if a skate don't "fit" after a few skates you will always have issues even if you "superfeet", "stretch".....I mean no doubt sometimes people can "put up with" fit issues for years, but there is nothing like a "perfect fitting skate" I have had a couple in my days....

When you buy a perfect fitting skate - you give whole new meaning to the phrase "I got lucky!!!"

With your issues with XXXX's I would stay away from One75, thats just a One90 "knockoff" - Try Easton S7 they are wider then vapors in toebox....
Why stay away from One75? I am probably getting One95 D width. Btw width of my foot is 3.7inch. I often feel pain for a while, after that pain gone.
I try flexlite skate they are so comfortable.
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM

than get the flexlites man they are great skates from what i have heard they just dont fit everyones foot but it looks like u fit into them
________
Kartess

Last edited by jetsrule : August 17th, 2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Why stay away from One75?
Im also curious why stay away from the one75? From what I have read so far, they seem to be a improved version of the one90s. Which in turn would mean that they are basically last years top skate but improved from the one90s faults.....Which to me sounds like a pretty decent skate. If Im wrong or someone else have a different opinion please explain and share your thoughts because Im also interested on the one75.
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM

I propose that sherwood's advice be taken with a grain of salt due to the fact that he/she seems to be just shooting from the hip with their comments on skate fits.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:11 AM

Default question about bauer inlines

any1 ever tried the bauer supreme accel-lite? hows the size run? i wear a 10-10.5 in mission and 10 in sneakers, soemtimes 9.5

WATCH THIS: SICK VID AND SICK ASS SONG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyoriKeZbyk
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Well, I told this indivdual to "stay away from One75's" because he said in previous post that he did not fit into the XXXX's - and from what I heard ( I guess you could say I shot from hip ) The One90's did not fit that many people anyway....and from personal experience I did not fit good into the XXV's and the One90's were more narrow still in toe cap area from an LHS fitting session I had....and so I told this individual to stay away from the One75's because are they not just One90's with a small tweek in the fit??
I did not say for the entire board to stay away from One75, but just a individual who was having problems with the XXXX's fit....I try to give good advise from my experince or things I have heard from other experienced members. But if you want to take with grain of salt, your welcome too.

I have no doubt that One75 are a good improved skate from One90's in terms of cosmetics and performace, but I was only speaking of potential fit for an individual who did not like XXXX's fit, sorryfor any confustion I caused to others....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestry View Post
I propose that sherwood's advice be taken with a grain of salt due to the fact that he/she seems to be just shooting from the hip with their comments on skate fits.

Last edited by sherwood : June 27th, 2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Well, I told this indivdual to "stay away from One75's" because he said in previous post that he did not fit into the XXXX's - and from what I heard ( I guess you could say I shot from hip ) The One90's did not fit that many people anyway....and from personal experience I did not fit good into the XXV's and the One90's were more narrow still in toe cap area from an LHS fitting session I had....and so I told this individual to stay away from the One75's because are they not just One90's with a small tweek in the fit??
I did not say for the entire board to stay away from One75, but just a individual who was having problems with the XXXX's fit....I try to give good advise from my experince or things I have heard from other experienced members. But if you want to take with grain of salt, your welcome too.

I have no doubt that One75 are a good improved skate from One90's in terms of cosmetics and performace, but I was only speaking of potential fit for an individual who did not like XXXX's fit, sorryfor any confustion I caused to others....
The one75's being a completely different fit from the Vapor line though does not rule them out. The only way he is going to know is to try them on. Maybe the extra volume is all he needs, but he won't know till he trys them on to see what fits and what doesn't.
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
The one75's being a completely different fit from the Vapor line though does not rule them out. The only way he is going to know is to try them on. Maybe the extra volume is all he needs, but he won't know till he trys them on to see what fits and what doesn't.
the man is exactly right. i had a kid on my team wear one90's two years ago (loved them), skate in xxxx's last season (also loved them), and now he's in the one95's. (obviously, no financial issues) everybody's foot and skate preference is different, the only sure way to know whats right for you is to try them on.

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM

yes both of you make good points, the bottomline to the thread "what skates should I get" - is "go with what fits best" - and the thread should be closed, but most people who ask this question on this board are honest, hardworking people who want some kind of direction and verbage, either to buy their skates online "sight and fit" unseen, or to go to a LHS with some kind of "narrowed" down list in their minds so they don't take 2 hours trying on skates. So I try to accomidate with some verbage and to the best of my abilitys that I have now on this board.....sometimes the "top brass" of this board can't answer every question - so when I feel I can add something to the searchers quest for a good fitting skate - I try too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsdman13 View Post
the man is exactly right. i had a kid on my team wear one90's two years ago (loved them), skate in xxxx's last season (also loved them), and now he's in the one95's. (obviously, no financial issues) everybody's foot and skate preference is different, the only sure way to know whats right for you is to try them on.
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM

I get what you're saying, but you ruled out the one75's based on what you have heard rather than tryed. Now if this was gloves or something, hearing is fine, but with skates unless you've tryed, I wouldn't rule them out. That's all I'm saying here, not saying you give bad advice, just this time with the one75's that's all.
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:30 AM

so i need some new inlines...

i am considering getting the ccm vector 8s, rbk 7ks or mission lieutenants. They are all between 200-250 ($398.98-$498.72) so what do you reccomend?

also, would it be worth spending an extra 100 ($199.49) on a pair of 8ks and would you reccomend the mission wicked 3's (i can pick up a pair cheap) because ive heard a lot of mixed reviews about them.

thanks.

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=575726

Last edited by crazy-luke-finch : June 29th, 2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:05 AM

I have the 7k's and they are by far the best inline skate i've ever used, but i'm primarily an ice player. They had great fit out of the box, no break in time whatsoever.

Old June 29th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
yes both of you make good points, the bottomline to the thread "what skates should I get" - is "go with what fits best" - and the thread should be closed, but most people who ask this question on this board are honest, hardworking people who want some kind of direction and verbage, either to buy their skates online "sight and fit" unseen, or to go to a LHS with some kind of "narrowed" down list in their minds so they don't take 2 hours trying on skates. So I try to accomidate with some verbage and to the best of my abilitys that I have now on this board.....sometimes the "top brass" of this board can't answer every question - so when I feel I can add something to the searchers quest for a good fitting skate - I try too.

First of guys ask if the vapors are d or ee, the d width easton toebox is as wide as a vapor ee toe box, if your heel does not lock into a vapor regardless of width it will swim in the easton s line and yes xxxx's to s7 is a caddy to a omni, the 75 very well could be a good idea seeing there is a ton of padding in the ankle area giving a lot more forgiving fit, flexlites fit everyone there soft and are as deep as the grand canyon, IW has free shipping returns on skates so trying before you buy is now easy for everyone. Remember do not sharpen or bake either skate until your decision is final, good luck and sherwood has had some good advice on here, so lets cut him a little slack
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:12 PM

Default WHich skates best for flat feet?

Does anyone have any advice regarding which ice skates are best for flat feet?

My son will be a 2nd year Bantam, almost 14 years old. He is 5'8, about 140 lbs. He wears a 10.5 - 11 size US shoe, and is extremely flat-footed. He has orthodics for his sneakers, but they are uncomfortable in skates.

We have heard conflicting info regarding this issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

He has been bugging me for CCM Vector V6.0 Special Edition Sr. Hockey Skates. Do you think these are a good starting point?

Last edited by KylesMom : June 30th, 2008 at 06:03 PM.