Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > The Game of Hockey - Questions, Discussions & Leagues > Classifieds
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 18th, 2010, 03:56 PM

interesting. I traded sticks with this guy and it went through fine.

However, sorry to hear about your situation. I hope something works out for you in this.
Old January 18th, 2010, 04:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to JoeyJ0506 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyJ0506

I've talked to Spreed about the way things are progressing here. The good news is that, from what I was told, positive changes to the way things are handled on the Buy/Sell section and rest of the board may be coming down the pipe soon. :D
Walnut Grove Gulls Hockey
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Based on information that I have come across with regards to a number of members, and their dishonesty and multiple accounts......I PERSONALLY would not do business with SNIPERASPS on this forum. He is not banned, but I would not trust this seller.

29 years.....still not a pro
Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to fatwabbit
Default Bad Trade with sniperasps

Extremely dishonest in my opinion. Agreed to a trade with him back in Nov 2009, only reason I have waited this long is I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt by waiting 8 weeks (which sometimes might take that long to ship overseas to Australia, which is rare as it normally takes less than 2 weeks MAX).

Agreed trade was for me to send him OPS, shaft and some brand new blades. Described everything the best I could and everything was described as best possible. Shaft was a cut OPS that was well documented to him that it was a cut OPS, but still fit the tapered blade I had very snugly. He was supposed to send over some OPS and a shaft in the trade. As I was travelling then in Nov, I rushed to get the stuff packed and sent out. We agreed to sent it out the SAME day. Went for my trips, came back and found nothing. Sent him a few PMs, to which he replied that he found out it was too expensive to ship and didnt do so.

He complained that the cut OPS shaft wasnt as he expected, as it didnt fit the blades, so obviously the items got to his location. I told him that it worked perfect with the tapered blades that I had, and might not work with the others as different manufacturers has slighlty different specs for the tenon. He claimed he wasnt satisfied etc, and I told him that he could keep the shaft for free but needed to compensate for the rest. He even said he wanted me to pay for then to be returned to me.

After lots of bitching and such, I said that he only needed to send one OPS... I've never backed down like this before, but I wanted to ensure that the deal wasnt sour. Imagine coming down from 3 OPS and one shaft to only accepting one OPS.

To this day, items havent arrived, and he claims that its out of his hands as he's already shipped it. He said there isnt a tracking number (we both agreed back then in Nov to ship with tracking and to provide it). Two weeks ago I contacted him about checking with the postal office, which two weeks later he still hasnt given me any update except that they are looking into it. Obviously he doesnt care about the deal anymore, nor the fact that I sent him one XN10, one cut OPS and 3 brand new blades. He's now tried to resell the items on IW, so I guess he's not exactly sending them to me either.

In my opinion he's:
- not living up to his side of the bargain to ship on the same day, claims it was expensive for him to ship (f-me, it was $50 on my part to ship). Why agree to something when you dont know the full details or have not checked it out yourself. At least you have some obligation to let me know, rather than me contact you about it.
- bullshitted that its not his responsibility that the post office hasnt sent it? So every supplier can claim its the freight company's fault.
- might have tried to scam me for more money by asking me to pay for the stuff to be returned to me... do I look like IW or HG where they might have a return policy for some gear?

I've had really good deals with some guys here, but this is the second time I've had a trade go sour when the other person doenst send the gear out to me. I can understand if the post office returns it to your address and you let me know, as we can work something out. But not communicating or letting the other party know is just plain wrong. People obviously have different values, and integrity is definitely not one of sniperasps's strong point.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM

1) Sounds to me like this guy is Jtokosh or just doing the same tricks. Either way, I won't deal with him again. It sucks getting screwed and ruins the integrity of the whole IW classified web-site. It would be cool if there was a way to downgrade someone's status after bad feedback has been posted. Or like on MS you could loose access to the classifieds or have to earn your access to this section (which I can't even get to yet, b/c I only comment every once a while on there site, no big deal though).

2) I didn't even know they played hockey in Australia....:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwabbit View Post
Extremely dishonest in my opinion. Agreed to a trade with him back in Nov 2009, only reason I have waited this long is I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt by waiting 8 weeks (which sometimes might take that long to ship overseas to Australia, which is rare as it normally takes less than 2 weeks MAX).

Agreed trade was for me to send him OPS, shaft and some brand new blades. Described everything the best I could and everything was described as best possible. Shaft was a cut OPS that was well documented to him that it was a cut OPS, but still fit the tapered blade I had very snugly. He was supposed to send over some OPS and a shaft in the trade. As I was travelling then in Nov, I rushed to get the stuff packed and sent out. We agreed to sent it out the SAME day. Went for my trips, came back and found nothing. Sent him a few PMs, to which he replied that he found out it was too expensive to ship and didnt do so.

He complained that the cut OPS shaft wasnt as he expected, as it didnt fit the blades, so obviously the items got to his location. I told him that it worked perfect with the tapered blades that I had, and might not work with the others as different manufacturers has slighlty different specs for the tenon. He claimed he wasnt satisfied etc, and I told him that he could keep the shaft for free but needed to compensate for the rest. He even said he wanted me to pay for then to be returned to me.

After lots of bitching and such, I said that he only needed to send one OPS... I've never backed down like this before, but I wanted to ensure that the deal wasnt sour. Imagine coming down from 3 OPS and one shaft to only accepting one OPS.

To this day, items havent arrived, and he claims that its out of his hands as he's already shipped it. He said there isnt a tracking number (we both agreed back then in Nov to ship with tracking and to provide it). Two weeks ago I contacted him about checking with the postal office, which two weeks later he still hasnt given me any update except that they are looking into it. Obviously he doesnt care about the deal anymore, nor the fact that I sent him one XN10, one cut OPS and 3 brand new blades. He's now tried to resell the items on IW, so I guess he's not exactly sending them to me either.

In my opinion he's:
- not living up to his side of the bargain to ship on the same day, claims it was expensive for him to ship (f-me, it was $50 on my part to ship). Why agree to something when you dont know the full details or have not checked it out yourself. At least you have some obligation to let me know, rather than me contact you about it.
- bullshitted that its not his responsibility that the post office hasnt sent it? So every supplier can claim its the freight company's fault.
- might have tried to scam me for more money by asking me to pay for the stuff to be returned to me... do I look like IW or HG where they might have a return policy for some gear?

I've had really good deals with some guys here, but this is the second time I've had a trade go sour when the other person doenst send the gear out to me. I can understand if the post office returns it to your address and you let me know, as we can work something out. But not communicating or letting the other party know is just plain wrong. People obviously have different values, and integrity is definitely not one of sniperasps's strong point.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 07:59 PM

Its really unfortunate that people are still choosing to do business with this individual. It is discrediting, and lowering the integrity of the classified section.
Old January 24th, 2010, 06:37 AM

Hey Spree, why not add a "reputation" system like some other sites have. Like on bodybuilding.com they use reps, here we can use "pucks" and that way people would know that a person has a positive reputation.
HNA NJ Americans (Ice)

Twitter: FSJ80
PS3: FSJ80

NikeBauer gear whore, if you got NikeBauer, I will buy it.
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:55 PM

It's unfortunate that scum like this rips people off. I'm thankful I'd had nothing but smooth transactions
After a narrow victory in 1994, Boston Bruins defenseman Al Iafrate was asked why, in the closing moments of the game, he had fired the puck around the boards rather than into the empty net. His reply? "Empty-net goals are for faggots."
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1234 View Post
1) Sounds to me like this guy is Jtokosh or just doing the same tricks. Either way, I won't deal with him again.
I'm 100% sure sniperasps and jtokosh are the same person. I sold a shaft and blade to him a few months ago and his paypal account name is under John Tokosh.

That being said our transaction went smoothly, probably because he was the buyer in this situation and didn't really have the ability to screw me over.
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwu7 View Post
I'm 100% sure sniperasps and jtokosh are the same person. I sold a shaft and blade to him a few months ago and his paypal account name is under John Tokosh.

That being said our transaction went smoothly, probably because he was the buyer in this situation and didn't really have the ability to screw me over.
I would concur with this from my recent experience as well. However, I have no complaints about my transaction with sniperasps/jtokosh and I was the buyer in my transaction. Despite my having no complaints about him, it should be clear to everyone that they are one and the same.
Old February 6th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Is there any way we could get a list of the names of people who have fallen through as good to deal with on the first page, so we don't have to search through all 5 pages?
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to thinkingjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwhite1786 View Post
Is there any way we could get a list of the names of people who have fallen through as good to deal with on the first page, so we don't have to search through all 5 pages?
uh, look below the bad sellers to the IW Buyer Feedback , you'll find various people giving nothing but good feedback on that post
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwhite1786 View Post
You can also use the, "Search this Thread," tool to quickly search through all the pages for the person's name you are looking for.
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM

I traded shafts for a stick with sniperasps. Well I sent the shafts about a month ago and still no sight of the stick, plus everytime I send him a message when he's on, he doesn't reply. I don't think the sticks coming anymore
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog66hockey View Post
I traded shafts for a stick with sniperasps. Well I sent the shafts about a month ago and still no sight of the stick, plus everytime I send him a message when he's on, he doesn't reply. I don't think the sticks coming anymore
RobDog66Hockey meet Mr. Spreed's advice on the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPREEDIZZLE View Post
Based on information that I have come across with regards to a number of members, and their dishonesty and multiple accounts......I PERSONALLY would not do business with SNIPERASPS on this forum. He is not banned, but I would not trust this seller.
:rolleyes:
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent1.8 View Post
Hey Spree, why not add a "reputation" system like some other sites have. Like on bodybuilding.com they use reps, here we can use "pucks" and that way people would know that a person has a positive reputation.
Yeah this would be great if you Spree and the mods could work on incorporating it without too much difficulty. It would definitely be a helpful tool and the people who have had sour transactions would especially appreciate it.
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashy View Post
Yeah this would be great if you Spree and the mods could work on incorporating it without too much difficulty. It would definitely be a helpful tool and the people who have had sour transactions would especially appreciate it.
The problem is that people are using this forum as a hockey-specific Craigslist to hawk their stuff, and not worrying about being contributing members of the forum/community first. Honestly, I would not be surprised if the Buy/Sell/Trade section disappears in the near future.
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJ0506 View Post
The problem is that people are using this forum as a hockey-specific Craigslist to hawk their stuff, and not worrying about being contributing members of the forum/community first. Honestly, I would not be surprised if the Buy/Sell/Trade section disappears in the near future.
Maybe we could impose a member time period like MSH does before being allowed to use the Classifieds section?
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Default Sniperasps

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog66hockey View Post
This guy has been screwing people over for the last few months, so don't let this one bad transaction think that everyone is like him. I've been trading/selling/buying on here for a while now and have never encountered a problem, you just have to be a little picky when selecting the people you work with.
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM

i'd go apeshit on the address you sent the sticks to. just sayin....