Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > Equipment Questions & Reviews > Roller Hockey Skates > Wheels/Chassis/Bearings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 04:17 PM

Default What are the best wheels for Roller Hockey?

Hey everyone, I'm brand new on here so I'm hoping this thread is going into the right place in this forum. I live in Utah where hockey/Roller Hockey isn't too prevelant, but I'm trying to get it going. I've got about 20 guys I invite every week and we play Roller Hockey indoors at a local rink/sport court every 2 weeks and people are hooked, it's great times. So this last time playing, I used some Labeda Dynasty (green wheels) that I had just gotten as a b-day gift. About 30 minutes into their first time being used they tore to pieces, especially the front left skate wheel. I was totally disappointed because I had been looking so forward to getting these bad boys and putting them to good use. Labeda is replacing them with their Addiction wheels, so I'm excited about that since they're SUPPOSED to be better. So I wanted to know what are the best wheels in everyones opinion for Indoor Sport Court Roller Hockey? And secondly, I have old Bauer Vapors from about 2005 (red shiny truck) and I'm missing the 'axle' both bolt and screw, does anyone have one or know where I can find 1? I lost 1 in taking off my crap wheel last time we played.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpswan View Post
Hey everyone, I'm brand new on here so I'm hoping this thread is going into the right place in this forum. I live in Utah where hockey/Roller Hockey isn't too prevelant, but I'm trying to get it going. I've got about 20 guys I invite every week and we play Roller Hockey indoors at a local rink/sport court every 2 weeks and people are hooked, it's great times. So this last time playing, I used some Labeda Dynasty (green wheels) that I had just gotten as a b-day gift. About 30 minutes into their first time being used they tore to pieces, especially the front left skate wheel. I was totally disappointed because I had been looking so forward to getting these bad boys and putting them to good use. Labeda is replacing them with their Addiction wheels, so I'm excited about that since they're SUPPOSED to be better. So I wanted to know what are the best wheels in everyones opinion for Indoor Sport Court Roller Hockey? And secondly, I have old Bauer Vapors from about 2005 (red shiny truck) and I'm missing the 'axle' both bolt and screw, does anyone have one or know where I can find 1? I lost 1 in taking off my crap wheel last time we played.
Sorry to hear about your wheels. If it's any consolation, the Addiction wheels are amazing and have my vote for best indoor wheel. I know several people that will only use the Addiction wheels now because how great they feel. I am not exactly sure what axle your referring to, but we have several axles on our site that might work for you. Here is a link to those: http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Rolle...-SKRFRAME.html
Old 08-15-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW Goalie - Erik View Post
Sorry to hear about your wheels. If it's any consolation, the Addiction wheels are amazing and have my vote for best indoor wheel. I know several people that will only use the Addiction wheels now because how great they feel. I am not exactly sure what axle your referring to, but we have several axles on our site that might work for you. Here is a link to those: http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Rolle...-SKRFRAME.html
Awesome! That's great to hear man, they're supposed to be here tomorrow so that gets me even more excited to see what the Addictions are all about. I was actually on your site last night and didn't find the axles I was looking for. They're the Bauer Vapors from 2004-2005ish with the Rocker and so the head of the bolt end of the axle has a rectangular shape that fits right into the groove of the rocker. Do you have anything along those lines that might work? I'd only need one, do you allow for single axle purchases?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 AM

I <3 Labeda Addictions!! Only wheel i will ever use period.!
Old 08-16-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raq9096 View Post
I <3 Labeda Addictions!! Only wheel i will ever use period.!
Mine should be here today so I'm stolked about it...wondering what makes them so good compared to other wheels? Am I going to be able to turn just as well in them as I was HOPING to be able to in my Labeda Dynasty's?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM

s'all bout rink rats hornets pwn addictions all day
Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpswan View Post
Mine should be here today so I'm stolked about it...wondering what makes them so good compared to other wheels? Am I going to be able to turn just as well in them as I was HOPING to be able to in my Labeda Dynasty's?
Here is the description from our site. It explains the wheel pretty well:

The Labeda Addicition wheel offers a new concept in wheel making. The Addiction wheel is an indoor wheel designed for tile surfaces (ie Sport Court), but it has an outer urethane hardness between 83-86A! That's right, an indoor wheel with an outer hardness harder than most outdoor wheels. So you know the durability and the speed is going to be incredible with these wheels and they should be at this price. The question is though, how's the grip? Well, that's where Labeda's top secret urethane combinations and inner core design take over and deliver unbelieved grip. These Addiction hockey wheels grip more than some of the softest wheels on the market! The Labeda Addiction wheel offers unsurpassed, all-around speed and grip.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to DField56

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW Goalie - Erik View Post
Here is the description from our site. It explains the wheel pretty well:

The Labeda Addicition wheel offers a new concept in wheel making. The Addiction wheel is an indoor wheel designed for tile surfaces (ie Sport Court), but it has an outer urethane hardness between 83-86A! That's right, an indoor wheel with an outer hardness harder than most outdoor wheels. So you know the durability and the speed is going to be incredible with these wheels and they should be at this price. The question is though, how's the grip? Well, that's where Labeda's top secret urethane combinations and inner core design take over and deliver unbelieved grip. These Addiction hockey wheels grip more than some of the softest wheels on the market! The Labeda Addiction wheel offers unsurpassed, all-around speed and grip.

are these new addiction wheels going to be better for players like me (approx 220 pounds)? I have been breaking alot of rink rats lately and its the only wheel I have ever used
Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 PM

Pshhh rr splits? Come one? Those wheels did not last me at all, id say about 1 tourny which was about 4 games. Addictions last me about 13!!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to DField56

Quote:
Originally Posted by raq9096 View Post
Pshhh rr splits? Come one? Those wheels did not last me at all, id say about 1 tourny which was about 4 games. Addictions last me about 13!!
I am speaking specifically for my weight though, I want to make sure I get something that is more made specifically for my size not just the brand name, I know addictions have a good rep