Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > Equipment Questions & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Default Ice Skate Insoles - Superfeet vs Shock Doctors

Looking for opinions and individual experiences with these two insole brands. I've read varying viewpoints on each, but hoping to pull some more info together.

If you've used either of these types (Superfeet or Shock Doctor), post up your experiences with them please.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:44 PM

My dad uses superfeet in his running shoes, and loves them. On the other hand, I use Shockdoctors in my skates and would NEVER go back to the stock insoles. It somewhat depends on your foot type, I believe Superfeet is more designed for a higher arch, while the Shockdoctors are a lower arch. No doubt, your feet will feel a little weird at first, and maybe a little sore, but that went away after a couple skates for me. Either are a great investment, but I suggest you try to try them on. Take your skates and try them on at your lhs if they have them, or maybe try Superfeets running model if your shop doesn't stock them.

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:06 PM

the shockdoctor insoles are amazing, and mine have lasted 3 seasons . . . pretty impressive. They give more heel and arch support without crowding the skate too much. I dont know about the superfeet but they are significantly more expensive ($30 vs $15). I love the shockdoctors but someone may say the same thing about the superfeets haha.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:27 AM

I use the superfeet for my skates and LOVE them. I use orthotics in all my shoes (take the orthotics in/out) and I havnt noticed any difference between them and the superfeet. I Think its just a matter of trying them both on and seeing which one is better for your foot.

Either are worth the investment imo

Jon
Old 09-28-2008, 05:41 AM

here you go dude. i have both.

super feet are great, simple insole with hard plastic on the heel that kinda gives you a little pitch change. they are comfortable. but the odd thing is that in the heel area there is always a little gap between the insole and the boot. even with the yellow.

now its true that the shock doctor's are a little flatter... but i dont like them because they have two raised parts that make my feet cramp. (beleive it or not) there is a rised bump right between your big and second toe, and then between your toes and the balls of your feet. and then the lenght of your foot almost untill your heel. i dont like the feeling..... but it locks your foot in place. if you look at the photo on the IW site you'll see....

Chico Resch- on his first and last season in Colorado
Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to beekaybee555

i used shock doctors in my regular shoes and HATED them...my feet hurt for a week after trying them for only a day and a half...there was no way I was going to put them in my skates
Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 PM

I'm with whizbang. I've tried both. Shockdoctor is a little thicker and has that hump in the middle. It was initially comfortable but skating around for a few minutes, my foot started to hurt. Superfeet was the better one. Comfortable, very good arch support and secures the heel very well. Not much thicker that the standard insole, except for the heel, giving a slight forward pitch. My feet have low arches, not flat feet.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:16 PM

I don't have any experience with Shock Doctors, but I have Superfeet in my one95's, and I love them. I would definatley suggest spending that extra bit of money to get some. They are comfortable and give great arch support.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizbang View Post
here you go dude. i have both.

super feet are great, simple insole with hard plastic on the heel that kinda gives you a little pitch change. they are comfortable. but the odd thing is that in the heel area there is always a little gap between the insole and the boot. even with the yellow.

now its true that the shock doctor's are a little flatter... but i dont like them because they have two raised parts that make my feet cramp. (beleive it or not) there is a rised bump right between your big and second toe, and then between your toes and the balls of your feet. and then the lenght of your foot almost untill your heel. i dont like the feeling..... but it locks your foot in place. if you look at the photo on the IW site you'll see....
I agree and can totally relate to every word of your post. I didn't like really like the placement of the Shock Doctor bumps and especially the toe bumps. They really made my skate feel crammed.

I just ordered some yellow Superfeet because I have t a lot of pronation and would be well served with the Superfeet support. Hoping that I fall in love with them!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 AM

I have superfeet green on my X:60s and they are so effin comfortable