Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse  

Go Back   Hockey Talk - Inline & Ice Warehouse > Hockey Equipment Questions, Discussion & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 7th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Default Ice Skate Insoles - Superfeet vs Shock Doctors

Looking for opinions and individual experiences with these two insole brands. I've read varying viewpoints on each, but hoping to pull some more info together.

If you've used either of these types (Superfeet or Shock Doctor), post up your experiences with them please.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:44 AM

My dad uses superfeet in his running shoes, and loves them. On the other hand, I use Shockdoctors in my skates and would NEVER go back to the stock insoles. It somewhat depends on your foot type, I believe Superfeet is more designed for a higher arch, while the Shockdoctors are a lower arch. No doubt, your feet will feel a little weird at first, and maybe a little sore, but that went away after a couple skates for me. Either are a great investment, but I suggest you try to try them on. Take your skates and try them on at your lhs if they have them, or maybe try Superfeets running model if your shop doesn't stock them.

I have an Easton Synergy SE for sale, used twice, 85 flex LH Forsberg. PM me if interested.
Old September 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM

the shockdoctor insoles are amazing, and mine have lasted 3 seasons . . . pretty impressive. They give more heel and arch support without crowding the skate too much. I dont know about the superfeet but they are significantly more expensive ($30 vs $15). I love the shockdoctors but someone may say the same thing about the superfeets haha.
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:27 PM

I use the superfeet for my skates and LOVE them. I use orthotics in all my shoes (take the orthotics in/out) and I havnt noticed any difference between them and the superfeet. I Think its just a matter of trying them both on and seeing which one is better for your foot.

Either are worth the investment imo

Jon
Old September 27th, 2008, 09:41 PM

here you go dude. i have both.

super feet are great, simple insole with hard plastic on the heel that kinda gives you a little pitch change. they are comfortable. but the odd thing is that in the heel area there is always a little gap between the insole and the boot. even with the yellow.

now its true that the shock doctor's are a little flatter... but i dont like them because they have two raised parts that make my feet cramp. (beleive it or not) there is a rised bump right between your big and second toe, and then between your toes and the balls of your feet. and then the lenght of your foot almost untill your heel. i dont like the feeling..... but it locks your foot in place. if you look at the photo on the IW site you'll see....

Chico Resch- on his first and last season in Colorado
Old September 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to beekaybee555

i used shock doctors in my regular shoes and HATED them...my feet hurt for a week after trying them for only a day and a half...there was no way I was going to put them in my skates
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM

I'm with whizbang. I've tried both. Shockdoctor is a little thicker and has that hump in the middle. It was initially comfortable but skating around for a few minutes, my foot started to hurt. Superfeet was the better one. Comfortable, very good arch support and secures the heel very well. Not much thicker that the standard insole, except for the heel, giving a slight forward pitch. My feet have low arches, not flat feet.
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:16 PM

I don't have any experience with Shock Doctors, but I have Superfeet in my one95's, and I love them. I would definatley suggest spending that extra bit of money to get some. They are comfortable and give great arch support.
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizbang View Post
here you go dude. i have both.

super feet are great, simple insole with hard plastic on the heel that kinda gives you a little pitch change. they are comfortable. but the odd thing is that in the heel area there is always a little gap between the insole and the boot. even with the yellow.

now its true that the shock doctor's are a little flatter... but i dont like them because they have two raised parts that make my feet cramp. (beleive it or not) there is a rised bump right between your big and second toe, and then between your toes and the balls of your feet. and then the lenght of your foot almost untill your heel. i dont like the feeling..... but it locks your foot in place. if you look at the photo on the IW site you'll see....
I agree and can totally relate to every word of your post. I didn't like really like the placement of the Shock Doctor bumps and especially the toe bumps. They really made my skate feel crammed.

I just ordered some yellow Superfeet because I have t a lot of pronation and would be well served with the Superfeet support. Hoping that I fall in love with them!
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM

I have superfeet green on my X:60s and they are so effin comfortable
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysavants View Post
I have superfeet green on my X:60s and they are so effin comfortable
How does the volume feel now with the Green? I just put some in my X:60s today and it feels little weird under middle of foot. Not sure if too much for me and maybe I need to try the Blue.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:28 PM

The Yellow Superfeet I ordered from IW showed up today and I've got them in my X60's.....replacing the shock doctors. They feel awesome, much better than the SD....we'll see how they are when I hit the ice. BTW.....smoking deal on them.... $10.00 off.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:36 AM

I tried both......
I have RBK 7Ks, and I went with the Shock Doctor footbeds. They are awesome for me. I have a wide foot, with a high arch, wide instep, and narrow heel. Skates were brand new, didnt even heat mold them because they fit perfect with the new footbeds in there. Went out and skated for 2 hours with no issues. Not bad for new skates.

Tried the superfeet blue, and didn't like them. Felt like the heal was too high, like I was standing on something. Put the shock doctors in, and they created a nice pocket for my heal without taking up room in my skate. Skate felt very comfortable for me. I don't notice the ridge between the toes at all.

My guess is, it would depend on your foot which ones are right for you. I would go to a Pro Shop and try them both in your skates.

I have $200.00 custom molded footbeds in my ski boot, and when I compaired them to my Shock doctor footbeds, only difference is on the custom molded ones, all my toes have indents, instead of being flat around the toes.

Last edited by Laars : January 23rd, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:12 AM

I just got the Superfeet yellow, put them in my One95s, and skated in them the first time Friday. I overpronate, and have a low arch, so they're supposed to be the best Superfeet for me.

I liked my balance better, and my backwards skating was more comfortable. I guess the extra heel lift, especially the outside, helped with that. I'm interested to see if my skating changes as I get more used to them. And I'm curious how I'll feel with a fresh sharpening, too; I'm almost due.
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers View Post
How does the volume feel now with the Green? I just put some in my X:60s today and it feels little weird under middle of foot. Not sure if too much for me and maybe I need to try the Blue.
they feel more like very comfortable shoes, personally I love the fit but you know everyone has their own style.

The fit is perfect and doesn't leave me with sore feet
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Default Super Feet

I just bought some Super Feet. (YELLOW) I bought a new pair of Graff 605's and my heel was lifting up a lot. The Super Feet fixed the problem and also added comfort to my skates. Choose Super Feet over shock doctor any day. There is even a $10 automatic discount on Ice warehouse right now.
Old March 24th, 2011, 09:39 AM

I moved into one100's about 7 months ago, love the stiffness of these skates but started to suffer in 2 specific areas, first metatarsal on base of my left foot and fifth metatarsal on right foot, both very tender after playing or a skate. Tried various superfeet for size and decided to try the green, first point of difference is how much supportive they feel whilst not feeling as hard as the Bauer insole. Green do have a higher heel than the skate specific variant but from first skate they have made a really good skate feel terrific. In the UK the importer offers a full refund if you don't like them, a no brainer in my opinion. Highly recommended and in size 8 d no trimming required. And no more metatarsal pain!
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM

My LHS has a 60 trial period or money back on the Yellow Superfeet, so I said I had nothing to lose... They are worth every penny, I thought that at first it was a placebo ( mental ) effect, but after switching back and forth ( Total One insole-skate ) the Superfeet are THAT much better.

Hope this helps !
Old April 14th, 2011, 11:31 PM

I couldn't even imagine of going back to bauer stock insoles. I think because I have flat feet is mainly the reason I enjoy them on my skates
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:47 PM

Now keep in mind, this depends on what you're looking for. Superfeet have a built in arch support, for some people this can be uncomfortable. Keep in mind if your foot has a high arch, when it is supported it is easier on your feet. Superfeet also push your foot upwards to help lock it in. We use it a large amount of the time to correct pronation - supination.

Shock Doctors (although there's a few available) are purely for comfort.