Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > General Hockey Discussion > Help Me!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 12:47 AM

Default Does anybody use a skate lace puller?

i have been looking at these wondering how they work and i have no freaking clue and if it even works well? i was watching Bones (best show ever) and the main character was playing hockey and he had one, it was bigger than i imagined but if anybody uses one how does it work? and does it even work?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:55 AM

I've been using a lace tightener for several years now and honestly can't imagine trying to lace up my skates w/o it now. It's just so much easier to get a hold of your laces than if you were doing it by hand.

I personally like my skates really tight so it's nice to have it so I can get them tighter w/o killing my hand in the process.

As for how they work- it works just as you would imagine...you grab your laces w/ the little hook and pull as if it was a little metal finger.

I'm not sure the type you saw on Bones but I use the small, cheap one that can be found here.

Like most things in life, it's all a matter of personal preference. If you don't care about tightness then you may not need it, but if you like your laces super tight like me then I highly recommend it and at $1.79 it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 AM

I swear by mine!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM

They are good for going over your laces a second time, especially when you cant really get your fingers under the laces to pull them.

I dont like being without mine.

I have the more expensive one, because the cheaper ones felt like they were way too easy to break, but I would say that they have a better hook.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to hockeyray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie22 View Post
i have been looking at these wondering how they work and i have no freaking clue and if it even works well? i was watching Bones (best show ever) and the main character was playing hockey and he had one, it was bigger than i imagined but if anybody uses one how does it work? and does it even work?
haha i saw that episode a couple days ago. if u have trouble getting tight skates, theyre good for after the initial lace up
Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM

I use mine to loosen my laces, oddly enough. I can't get my laces any tighter with one than with my hands, but undoing my laces is much easier with my puller.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:40 PM

After the initial finger tightening they are great to do a final as you like tightening. I don't leave home without mine...

Regards,
Nelson
Old 03-20-2009, 05:24 PM

I do indeed, mostly around the ankle where there's that "pinch" and it's hard to get your fingers in to pull them any tighter.