Hockey Talk  

Go Back   Hockey Talk > Equipment Questions & Reviews > Ice Hockey Skates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 02:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to garbuz Send a message via AIM to garbuz Send a message via MSN to garbuz
Default Graf 700 series vs. Ultra G

I have heard so many really good things about Graf skates so I decided to try them on while I was waiting for my Vapor 40 sharpening.

My LHS has only one model Supra 705. I was really impressed with the level of comfort in these skates right out of the box. It felt like I would not even have to bake them.

The only concern I had is the boot stiffness. If they feel so comfortable immediately then how long will they last until they completely break down and will they provide enough lateral support? I am 195 lbs and skate 2-3 times a week.

Also what is the difference between Supra 700 series and Ultra G series? Weight? Stiffness?

It is my understanding that G5 should fit just like 705 model, but it is more stiff?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to garbuz Send a message via AIM to garbuz Send a message via MSN to garbuz

what, nobody owns Grafs?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to thinkingjack

i own graf 705 with the nt 3000 holder, stiffness the skate is fantastic, it isnt as stiff as a one95 but thats why i bought them because i dont want steel boot boots, i like a little flex, i have had mine since february and played like three times a week and now i'm down to once a week because of$$$ but these have not worn down on stiffness everything on them is great.

i'm 230lbs 6'2 so i have a little weight on you and i am really hard on skates, my old ccm boots the footbed that attaches to the holder cracked because of how much stress i put on them after 5 months, the grafs have no wear what so ever except the other day when someone knicked my toe cap.

the 700 series varies in stiffness they give you that leather feel but its a stiff pro leather. and the g5 is more textalite and stiffer, some of the g series boots vary in stiffness.

the 700 series is also a lower cut boot on some skates because they let you rely on the old aspects of skating, ankle strength and mobility you are a natural skater on these skates, in the aspects of the ankle building, and the forward pitch, dont worry about the forward pitch it only took me an hour to get used to and i love it. if you have super weak ankles and rely on boot stiffness to keep your ankles straight i suggest you ease into these skates as they might be a little hard to get used to but give it a few weeks of building and you'll be really cool.

the inside liner for the 705 is amazing too, youre gonna love it.